Values & Ethos
Our new school motto is 'challenge, strive, succeed'.
Our school will be a safe, inclusive and caring community where all children are supported to achieve their full potential whilst enjoying their learning experience. We will create the foundation of their life-long learning journey and develop their potential to shape and direct their own futures.
Ethos & Values
At Blenheim Primary School children come first. Our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences for our community of children. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the children achieve their very
best. We are deeply aware that children only get one chance at their primary education and it is our job to ensure that they all reach for the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We will encourage every child to develop a lively, enquiring mind and real-life skills so that they will have the ability to investigate, take risks, challenge and make informed choices for their future. We want every child to be successful; to strive for success from the day they join us and throughout their stay here, so that when they leave us they have an inquisitiveness and a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
The aims of our school permeate all aspects of its’ life and work.
- Learning and teaching are at the heart of everything; we encourage pupils to apply themselves and make the most of every opportunity offered to them.
- We ensure that the school is an environment where children are happy, healthy, secure and ready to learn and is conducive to all children having the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- We encourage pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds with the ability to question and argue rationally and be an independent, self motivated learner.
- We provide an inclusive environment that will develop high self-esteem, confidence and a strong sense of responsibility. We value the achievements of all children, both in and out of school, and provide opportunities to develop a positive self image.
- We provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive, engaging and appropriately differentiated.
- We personalise high quality teaching to ensure that children are both challenged and supported to achieve their full potential. There are consistently high expectations for all, but recognition that academic achievement is not the only measure of success.
- We provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise.
- We develop a caring and responsible attitude, welcoming diversity and rejecting discrimination of any kind and have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school and use this as a foundation for improving standards.
- We encourage children to become good citizens, by developing caring attitudes and respect towards themselves, other children, adults, their school and their community. We prepare our pupils for the responsibility and experiences of adult life to enable them to develop as well rounded members of society.
- We encourage each individual to take responsibility for his/her behaviour and to act as a good role model to others.
- We work closely with parents and the wider community for the success of those who matter most of all in our school - our children.